Friday, March 23, 2012

S.T. Blog post #4!


I DID NOT read the whole book yet, so what i say should be completely in the first 25 chapters.

At the beginning, I was really confused because I didn’t read the character connections thing, until about two or 3 chapters in that is, and after that, I came to the realization that... It still didn’t make sense! I am still confused about this, even after a complete rewrite of twenty five chapters, the book being well written, and having an easy to read interface, as well as trying to get people explain it to me. Although this is true, I can get both the basic, and advanced gist of the majority of the storyline The House Of The Scorpion  provided I don’t need to be somewhat familiar with the family bonds and such of the characters. This being said, i still can’t understand a few of what i have come to realize are fundamental sections and mini stories of the book, prompting me to get into a infinite loop of more confusing content later on in the book, such as why Matt hates Felicia as a result of i really don’t know what. Thats only one example out of about 20, if someone could help me with understanding this, PLEASE DO.

The part where matt is being dumped into the eejit pens, my only thought was: “what in the world prompted you people to even consider doing that?” because in my eyes at least, even if I did have the rotten-child approach of El Patron, that is NOT what i would have done, and i don’t see any reason today, or in the near future popping up to create motives for these actions (short of creating eejits, and that's not going to happen).

Remember, I still need help.

No comments:

Post a Comment